Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Mint
0 - 5
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Grilling fruit helps bring out its natural sweetness. Perfect for a side dish or dessert, these fabulous kabobs make an excellent substitute for a fruit salad and can be prepared in just under twenty minutes. Honeydew melon makes a great choice for grilling, but you want to be sure to pick the right melons in the grocery store. First, check the skin color and select one that's dull instead of shiny. Choose a melon that feels heavy for its size. Make sure the melon is free of bruises and blemishes. Make sure to cut the fruit in the same size so that the kabobs will cook evenly.
½ large, peeled, seeded
1 large, ripe
12 medium, hulled
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, for garnish
- Cut honeydew and mango into twelve 1 1/2-in cubes each.
- Skewer fruit onto 4 long skewers (9 pieces of fruit per skewer) or 8 short skewers (4 or 5 pieces of fruit per skewer). If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes before use.
- Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium-high heat.
- Grill fruit until beginning to brown, 1-2 minutes per side; serve garnished with chopped fresh mint.
- Serving size: 1 large skewer or 2 smaller skewers