Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Feta Stacks
- Total Time
Eggplant slices are brushed with a lemon-herb mixture, grilled and then topped with juicy tomatoes and salty feta. Great hot or at room temperature.
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
olive oil1 Tbsp, extra virgin
fresh oregano1 Tbsp, leaves (plus more for garnish)
minced garlic¼ tsp, very finely minced
kosher salt¾ tsp, divided (or to taste)
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground (or to taste)
uncooked eggplant(s)1 large, trimmed, sliced into twelve 1/2-in rounds
cooking spray2 spray(s)
fresh tomato(es)2 large, ends trimmed, cut into six slices each
crumbled feta cheese¾ cup(s)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside for flavors to blend.
- Coat eggplant with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant until lightly charred and tender, turning as needed, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip eggplant over and brush with lemon mixture; top each with 1 slice tomato and 1 tablespoon feta. Cover grill and cook until tomato and feta soften slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter and garnish with addition oregano leaves, if desired. Yields 1 eggplant stack per serving.