Grilled Chicken with Puttanesca Sauce
- Total Time
Puttanesca is a wonderful piquant tomato sauce featuring the bold flavors of olives, capers and anchovy paste.
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four4 oz cutlets
cooking spray2 spray(s)
kosher salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
grape tomatoes1 ½ cup(s), quartered
olive(s)8 medium, Kalamata, pitted, coarsely chopped
capers1 Tbsp, drained
extra virgin olive oil1 Tbsp
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium, minced
red pepper flakes1 pinch, crushed
anchovy paste⅓ Tbsp, (1 tsp; optional)
basil2 Tbsp, fresh, slivered
- Coat a ridged grill pan with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. (Alternately, coat an outdoor grill with cooking spray; heat grill to medium-high).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; grill 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken; grill until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter; let rest 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, combine tomatoes, olives and capers in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in anchovy paste, if using.
- Add garlic mixture to tomato mixture; sprinkle with basil and stir gently. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken and 1/2 c sauce