Grilled chicken with puttanesca sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four4 oz cutlets
1½ cup(s), quartered
8 medium, Kalamata, pitted, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp, drained
Extra virgin olive oil
2 medium clove(s), minced
Red pepper flakes
1 pinch(es), crushed
⅓ Tbsp, (1 tsp; optional)
2 Tbsp, fresh, slivered
- Coat a ridged grill pan with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. (Alternately, coat an outdoor grill with cooking spray; heat grill to medium-high).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; grill 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken; grill until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter; let rest 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, combine tomatoes, olives and capers in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in anchovy paste, if using.
- Add garlic mixture to tomato mixture; sprinkle with basil and stir gently. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken and 1/2 cup sauce