Grilled chicken with cucumber and herb salad
1 medium, grated zest and juice
1 tsp, chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce thighs)
Persian (mini) cucumber
4 item(s), sliced 1/2-inch-thick
1½ cup(s), flat-leaf leaves
Fresh mint leaves
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), small, halved
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, thinly sliced
- 1 Set aside 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Combine lemon zest, remaining lemon juice, 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses, the sumac, and thyme in large zip-close plastic bag; add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk together oil, reserved 1 tablespoon lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon molasses, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- 4 Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack and grill, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- 5 Add cucumbers, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and onion to dressing; toss to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about 1 1/4 cups salad