- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest, (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 5 oz canned chunk white tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup(s) English cucumber(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 4 cup(s) arugula, baby-variety
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, water, oregano, salt and pepper until blended.
Flake tuna into another bowl. Add cucumber, roasted pepper, onion and capers; toss to mix and coat.
Serve tuna mixture over arugula and drizzled with dressing. Yields about 2 cups arugula, 1 cup tuna salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing per serving.
- This would also be delicious spooned into a whole wheat pita pocket.