Greek Shrimp and Pasta
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, penne variety
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large variety, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium plum tomato(es), diced
- 15 medium olive(s), oil-cured black variety, pitted and chopped
- 8 oz canned clam juice, or bottled
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano, fresh, chopped
- Cook penne according to package directions; drain.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and olives; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the clam juice; bring to a boil. Stir in the penne, cheese, and oregano. Reduce the heat and simmer, tossing well, until the flavors are blended and the cheese just begins to melt, about 1 minute. Yields 1 1/3 cups per serving.