- 1/2 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) English cucumber(s), diced
- 1 Tbsp dill, or mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), feta and spinach variety (four 3-oz sausages)
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, dill or mint, salt and pepper.
Grill sausages directly over heat, turning as needed, until grill marks appear and heated through, about 5 minutes. Grill buns until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
To serve, place sausages in buns; top each with 3 Tbsp yogurt mixture (or spread some sauce in bun, add a sausage and then top with more yogurt sauce).
Serving size: 1 sausage sandwich.
- Make the yogurt topping no more than 10 minutes before you prepare the hot dogs or the sauce may break and get watery.