Gochujang Cod En Papillote by Ereka Vetrini
Uncooked Atlantic cod
12 oz, 2 (6-oz) fillets
Gochujang hot pepper paste
Low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp, grated
Toasted sesame oil
½ large, julienned
Sweet red pepper(s)
½ medium, julienned
½ small, julienned
- To a blender, add gochujang, orange juice, soy sauce, maple, ginger, toasted sesame oil, and shallot. Blend well.
- Place the cod filets into a small sealable container. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the fish and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thinly slice the whites of the scallions and set aside. Thinly slice the scallion greens lengthwise and set aside.
- To a small bowl add carrots, peppers, zucchini and scallion greens. Add 1/2 of the remaining sauce to the bowl and toss gently.
- Fold two 14- X 12-inch pieces of parchment paper in half. Using kitchen shears, cut the parchment into a heart shape.
- Grab one of the parchment hearts. Add 1/2 veggie mixture to one side of the paper. Place the cod on top of the veggies. Place one orange slice on top of the cod, then 1/4 of the cilantro on top of the orange slice.
- Working from one end, begin tightly folding the open edge of the paper.
- Continue folding the paper's open edge to form a seal. Twist the end and transfer the packet to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Repeat using the remaining parchment heart, veggies, fish and orange slice, and cilantro. Place on the baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To plate, place each pouch onto a dish. Use kitchen shears to open the pouches and top them with scallion whites and some fresh cilantro.
- Serving size: 1 packet