Spring Salad with Warm Goat Cheese & Dijon Vinaigrette
Fresh lemon juice
¾ medium, or 1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 medium clove(s), minced
1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
White wine vinegar
Soft-type goat cheese
4 oz, cut crosswise into 4 pieces
1 large, whisked
2 head(s), torn
1½ cup(s), leaves
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), about 10, sliced in half
Dried plain breadcrumbs
1 medium, sliced
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley, vinegar, and oil; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Roll the goat cheese into balls and then flatten the balls into patties. Place the egg whites and the bread crumbs in separate small bowls. Dip a goat cheese patty into the egg white, then dredge it in bread crumbs, and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining goat cheese patties. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the goat cheese is baking, in a large bowl toss the lettuce, radicchio, peppers, and tomatoes with the vinaigrette.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and arrange the goat cheese on top. Serve immediately.
- Serving size: about 1 cup of salad and 1 piece of goat cheese.