Gingersnap peach pie
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 15 min
Make the most of fresh, sweet peaches with our homemade gingersnap-crust pie. It looks and tastes fabulous.bYou can peel the peaches but do not have to — the choice is yours.This pie can be made up to 1 day ahead, refrigerated and then served chilled or at room temperature. For a really exciting presentation, use a yellow peach for the center of your flower design and white peaches for the petals. Serve with a dollop of light whipped cream.
2 pound(s), yellow or white variety
Fresh lemon juice
18 average, (about 4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Cut each peach half into four slices. Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop. Crush gingersnaps into crumbs; place in a small bowl. Pour melted butter into crumbs and combine thoroughly.
- Pat crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate; make sure crumbs are evenly distributed.
- Starting at edge of pie plate, arrange peach slices in concentric circles so that they cover entire surface of pie and form a petal-like pattern. To form center of flower, arrange several peach slices in a small circle. Pour any remaining liquid from peach mixture over top of pie so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake pie in bottom 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325ºF and bake for 40 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pie plate on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Slice into 8 pieces just before serving. Yields 1 piece per serving.