- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 Tbsp regular butter, melted
- 1/3 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- Stir butter, brown sugar, buttermilk, molasses, 1/4 cup water and egg together until smooth.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Pour into pan. Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.