- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 Tbsp regular butter, melted
- 1/3 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt.
Stir butter, brown sugar, buttermilk, molasses, 1/4 cup water and egg together until smooth.
Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Pour into pan. Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.