Ginger meatball and vegetable soup
Chili garlic sauce
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 medium, minced
4 tsp, fresh grated
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
½ tsp, or to taste
Canned chicken broth
Shredded uncooked napa cabbage
2 medium, cut into thin strips
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), small, red variety, cut into thin strips
Fresh lime juice
Asian fish sauce
2 medium, thinly sliced
- 1 Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray. Preheat broiler.
- 2 Stir together turkey, shallot, egg white, 2 teaspoons ginger, the cilantro, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared broiler rack. Broil 5 inches from heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, combine broth, chili-garlic sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger in Dutch oven. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir in meatballs, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- 4 Ladle evenly into 6 bowls and sprinkle with scallions.
- Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups