Frosted mini cookies
Part-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg(s)
Fat free skim milk
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cream together 4 tablespoons butter, ricotta and 1/2 cup sugar. Add vanilla and egg; mix thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and blend into rest of mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place chilled dough on a strip of wax paper and roll into a 14-inch cylinder. Put in freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Slice off 1/3-inch-thick rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (cookies should stay pale in color). Cool on baking rack.
- For icing: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in microwave or over a very low flame. Mix with canola oil and milk. Sift powdered sugar, and blend into liquids. Divide icing into two bowls. To one bowl add cocoa and mix to blend.
- When cookies are cool, spread white icing on half of each cookie and chocolate icing other half of cookie, or cover each cookie completely with one type of icing. Yields 1 cookie per serving.