- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large egg(s), beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) basil, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) chives, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, finely julienned
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 2/3 cup(s) fat-free ricotta cheese
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Heat oil in a 9-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, herbs, bacon and pepper; pour into hot skillet. Drop ricotta onto egg mixture by spoonfuls. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until eggs are set and only the surface is runny, about 3 minutes. Place skillet in oven and bake, until cooked through and slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. (If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, you can flip the frittata out onto a plate so the browned side is face-up. Slide the frittata back into the skillet and cook until second side is slightly browned, about 3 minutes more.)
Slide frittata out of pan and cut into 8 wedges; serve immediately. Yields 2 wedges per serving.
- This frittata can be made with any combination of herbs. Try tarragon instead of basil, or equal parts of basil, thyme and oregano in place of the 1/3 cup of basil.