This fruity salsa is great on grilled chicken, pork or ham. The addition of pepper and onion balances the sweetness of the berries well.
- 1 pound(s) strawberries, diced
- 9 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s)
- 9 Tbsp cilantro, or mint, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp jalapeño pepper(s), minced (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Yields about 1/3 cup per serving.
- This salsa tastes best when served soon after preparing it. Add some honey if your berries are not very sweet(could affect SmartPoints value).