- 3/4 cup(s) uncooked freekeh
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium English cucumber(s), diced
- 1/2 medium uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 1/3 cup(s) mint leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 item(s) lemon(s), cut into wedges
In a small saucepan, combine freekeh, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and freekeh is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon into a serving bowl; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mint and parsley to cooled freekeh; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with feta and give a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Serving size: 3/4 cup