- 8 spray(s) cooking spray
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) fresh blackberries, or raspberries (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 32 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
Combine beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract in a food processor; puree until smooth (stopping once to scrape down the sides). Add mini chocolate chips; pulse until just combined. Spoon a heaping Tbsp batter into each prepared muffin cup; bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool in pan.
Meanwhile, to make ganache, place bittersweet chocolate and water in top of a double boiler (or heat proof bowl set over simmering water); whisk mixture until fully melted and glossy, adding more water if necessary to thin. Remove from heat; let cool for 10 minutes before spreading each cake with a scant tsp glaze. Top each with a whole berry or berry slice (if using).
Serving size: 1 mini cake