Flank steak with cherry tomatoes and basil
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
¼ tsp, ground
2 medium clove(s), minced
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
⅓ cup(s), chopped fresh
- Place steak in large shallow dish, drizzle with 1/4 cup vinegar, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from vinegar and pat dry with paper towels; discard vinegar. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, turning occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often, just until tomatoes begin to shrivel, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, basil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut steak against grain into 12 thin slices. Serve steak with tomatoes.
- Per serving (3 slices steak and about 2/3 cup tomatoes)