Flank steak with lemon-feta potatoes
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
2 large, baking variety, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
Fresh lemon juice
Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place steak on plate and sprinkle with oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, ½ cup water, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in prepared baking dish and stir to mix well. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir, adding remaining ¼ cup water if potatoes look dry. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F and return potatoes to oven. Bake until potatoes are browned and liquid has formed a sauce, 15–20 minutes longer. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese and toss gently to combine.
- Meanwhile, about 15 minutes before cooking time is up, heat large ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steak with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Place steak in pan and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 10 minutes. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak across grain into 16 slices and divide evenly among 4 plates. Serve with potatoes.
- Per serving (4 slices steak and 1 cup potatoes)