Farmer`s Market Salad
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 piece(s) yellow corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 medium fresh tomato(es), coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp low-fat vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 small whole wheat pita(s), pocketless
- Trim ends of zucchini. Using a cheese planer, thinly slice zucchini horizontally into long ribbons. With a knife, cut ribbons in half lengthwise to make long strips. Toss zucchini with lemon juice and salt; set aside on paper towels.
- Cut kernels from corn and place in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave corn kernels on high for 1 minute just to remove 'rawness' (corn should still be crisp). Gently combine corn, tomato, onion and half of vinaigrette.
- Toast pita bread and cut into bite-size triangles. To serve, mound zucchini and pita triangles on each serving plate; top with corn mixture. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad and serve.