Basic, easy and fast — a tasty way to use up leftover rice. Make it a main dish by stirring in cooked chicken or shrimp.*
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), shredded
- 1 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced, divided
- 3 cup(s) cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce, or to taste
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; tilt pan so that eggs cover bottom.
When eggs start to set, break them up into pieces with a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until eggs are cooked through, about 1 minute more; remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
Off heat, recoat same skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add carrots and all but 2 tablespoons scallions; sauté until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in cooked rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Gently stir in cooked egg and remaining scallions; heat through. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- *Could affect SmartPoints value.