Curried chicken patty lettuce wraps by Daphne Oz
Toasted sesame oil
3 medium, white and light green parts only, minced (1/4 cup)
2 clove(s), minced
4 pinch(es), divided, or to taste
1 piece(s), fresh, grated
98% fat-free uncooked ground chicken breast
Uncooked butternut squash
1 cup(s), grated
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp, divided
2 pinch(es), or to taste
2 pinch(es), freshly cracked, or to taste
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
1 item(s), zested and juiced
8 leaf/leaves, large, green leaf suggested
¼ cup(s), sliced, or unsweetened pickled red onions
- Heat sesame oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt. Add curry powder; cook, stirring a few times, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cooled scallion mixture, squash, flour, egg, and mint. Season with salt; stir to combine. Using a heaping 1/3 cup measure, with damp hands, shape mixture into 8 patties and place on a plate; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center of a patty registers 165ºF, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining patties.
- To serve, combine yogurt with lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Place each patty in a piece of lettuce, top with a tbsp yogurt mixture and ½ tbsp pickled onions (or a few radishes).
- Serving size: 2 lettuce wraps