This stew's both a little spicy and a little sweet. Serve with a salad of black beans, orange and red onion tossed with low-fat vinaigrette.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean only pork loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with green chiles
- 1 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped (green parts only)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Place potatoes, pork, tomatoes, garlic, orange juice, scallions, salt, cumin and pepper in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro; cover slow cooker and cook for 5 minutes more. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (including some cooking liquid).