- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 3/4 pound(s) cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cup(s) pineapple, fresh, cut into chunks*
- 1 cup(s) uncooked jicama, cut into short thin sticks
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), very thinly sliced
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
In a large bowl, stir together lime juice, oil, salt and cumin until blended.
Add chicken, pineapple, jicama, cilantro, red pepper and scallions; toss to mix and coat. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- If you want to grill fresh chicken for this recipe, heat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan. Coat two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts with cooking spray and sprinkle them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting into chunks. Up the Protein: Add 1 cup black beans to the salad for an additional 1 SmartPoints per serving.