Happy April Fool’s Day! Today’s recipe is an oldie but a goodie – courtesy of Weight Watchers 1969.
- 1 pound(s) beef or pork frankfurter(s)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 cup(s), shredded uncooked savoy cabbage, or other green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) water, boiling
- 1/4 cup(s) canned pimento(s), chopped or sliced
Slice frankfurters lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through. (Do not separate halves). Open. Broil, cut side up on rack, about 3 inches from source of heat, for about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and poppy seeds to cabbage; toss thoroughly. Heap cabbage in a mound on the center of the baking dish. Lean cut side of frankfurters against cabbage to form a crown. Secure frankfurters with toothpicks. Pour water over cabbage. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, but crisp. Garnish with pimento. Divide evenly. Makes 4 dinner servings.
- Reprinted from a Weight Watchers recipe card from 1969.