Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Scallions and Tomatoes
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 large egg(s)
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 2 oz low fat cream cheese, cut into bits
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, scallions, salt and pepper until blended. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook, gently turning mixture with a heat proof spatula or wooden spoon, until eggs start to set, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cheese; cook over low heat, gently stirring, just until eggs set, about 1 minute more (there should still be some creamy pieces of cheese). Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Season to taste before serving, if desired.