Creamy potato-leek soup
1 pound(s), trimmed, chopped*
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp, or more to taste
½ tsp, freshly ground or more to taste
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
1 pound(s), cubed
Light sour cream
3 Tbsp, fresh, snipped
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat; add leeks and sauté until leeks turn translucent and start to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, salt and pepper to pot; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or working in small batches, puree the soup in a blender, careful not to splatter the hot liquid). Adjust seasonings if necessary, stir in sour cream and garnish with chives.
- Serving size: about 1 cup