- 2 tsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 2 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, or fresh corn (no need to thaw frozen corn)
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add corn and sauté 1 minute to heat through (or slightly longer if using frozen corn). Add flour and stir to coat corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 10 to 12 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.