- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 Tbsp regular liquid egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or fill pan with paper liners.
Combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork, make a well in the center and set aside.
Whisk yogurt, milk, egg substitute, margarine and vanilla together in a small bowl. Fold mixture into dry ingredients until blended; fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 minutes; sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 5 minutes more. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.