Whole wheat flour
Regular liquid egg substitute
3 medium, ripe, peeled and mashed (about 1 ¼ cups)
½ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer at medium speed until sugar begins to dissolve, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg substitute; beat in mashed bananas. Scrape down sides of bowl and remove beaters; stir in flour mixture and cranberries with a rubber spatula, making sure you scrape down sides of bowl to moisten everything.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until browned (a toothpick inserted into center of bread should come out with a few moist crumbs), about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes; then turn loaf out of pan to continue cooling on rack. Slice loaf into twelve 3/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Once completely cooled, the loaf can be stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap. Yields 1 slice per serving.