Couscous vegetable timbales
1 fl oz
2 medium, sliced
1 medium clove(s), minced
1 medium, coarsely chopped
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 tsp, chopped
Low-fat vinaigrette salad dressing
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add scallions and garlic, cook 1 minute. Add zucchini, peppers, capers, oregano and salt. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked couscous to vegetable mixture. Cool slightly. Add egg; mix well.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Fill 1/4 cup measuring cup with couscous mixture; invert onto prepared sheet. Repeat steps until all couscous mixture is used up. Brush vinaigrette over top of each.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields 2 timbales per serving.