- 1/2 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked catfish fillet(s), cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, steamed
- 1 medium lemon(s), quartered
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a shallow soup bowl, combine cornmeal, paprika, thyme, salt, celery seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Pour milk into another shallow soup bowl.
Dredge fillets first in milk and then in cornmeal mixture, coating both sides and pressing cornmeal mixture gently to adhere. Place coated fillets on baking sheet and lightly spray each with cooking spray.
Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 2 minutes before serving with asparagus and lemon wedges. Yields 1 fillet and 1/4 of asparagus per serving.