- 1 tsp uncooked onion(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 29 oz fat free chicken broth
- 15 1/2 oz canned black beans
- 11 oz canned corn with red and green peppers
- 7 1/4 oz canned tomatoes with green chilis
- 8 oz fat free salsa
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked white rice
In medium saucepan over moderate heat, cook onion in broth about 15 minutes, until onion is translucent. Drain and rinse black beans and drain corn. Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer about 45 minutes, until rice is cooked. Serve warm. (You can add light or fat-free cheese and/or sour cream before serving. Just don't forget to journal the extra POINTS!)
Note: This Recipe of the Day was selected by our staff from the Community Recipe Swap. Its POINTS values have been verified, but the recipe has not been tested by our kitchen. Check out Community Recipe Swap for more great dishes, and to share your own!