- 1 1/4 cup(s) dried shredded and sweetened coconut meat
- 3 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread coconut out on a large baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together half & half, egg substitute, sugar, flour and salt. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of toasted coconut, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into pie crust, cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, 2 hours.
Top with remaining 1/4 cup of toasted coconut before serving. Cut into 8 slices.