- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed beef strip sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp unpacked light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), matchstick-cut
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), cut into 8 wedges and separated
Place beef in a shallow dish; pour 2 tablespoons soy sauce over beef. Turn to coat completely. Let marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
Combine orange juice, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, orange rind and red pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add beef and cook 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a serving platter; keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium-high; add carrot and onion. Cook 7 minutes or until carrot is lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to high; add beef and its juices and orange juice mixture. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup).