Cilantro-Marinated Chicken with Avocado & Corn Salad
Fresh lime juice
¼ cup(s), (from about 2 limes)
1½ cup(s), lightly packed, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
16 oz, cutlets; or 2 (8-oz) skinless boneless chicken breasts, each sliced into 2 cutlets
2 large, ears, shucked
1 item(s), medium, ripe, cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
8 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
⅓ cup(s), chopped, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, black pepper, and 3 tbsp water and purée. Add 1 cup cilantro and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer ¼ cup of the marinade to a small container and refrigerate.
- In a shallow dish, combine the chicken and remaining marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the chicken with any marinade remaining in the dish. Coat the chicken and corn with cooking spray and transfer to the grill. Grill, turning as needed, until the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes, and the corn is charred in spots and crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, radishes, and onion. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and add to the bowl. Add the remaining ½ cup cilantro and 3 tbsp of the reserved marinade and gently toss to coat. Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp marinade over the chicken. Serve the chicken with the avocado salad.
- Serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and ¾ cup salad