Greek salad is a year-round favorite. We lightened up the dressing by cutting out some oil and then added water to “stretch it” a bit. Broth works just as well.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest, *
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp dill, or mint, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), ripe, diced (about 7 small tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), diced, seedless (about 1/2 large cucumber)
- 8 gm olive(s), Kalamata, pitted, chopped
- 6 cup(s), chopped lettuce, Romaine, shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended; stir in dill and scallions. Add tomatoes, cucumber and olives; toss to mix and coat.
Place 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 salad plates; top each with about 3/4 cup of tomato mixture and then 1 tablespoon of feta. Spoon any dressing left in bottom of bowl over salads. Yields 1 salad per serving.
- Turn this recipe into a main dish by adding some strips of grilled chicken, lamb or beef (could affect SmartPoints values).