Chocolate stout brownie bites
Unsweetened cocoa powder
4 fl oz, (about 1/2 cup), malty, preferable chocolate stout or porter
Fat free egg substitute
Regular instant coffee powder
1½ tsp, (not espresso)
4 Tbsp, stick
4 oz, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil, allowing foil to overhang rim by 2 inches on two opposite sides.
- Whisk together ﬂour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Stir together stout, egg substitute, coffee powder, and vanilla in another medium bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in granulated sugar until combined. Stir chocolate mixture into stout mixture until blended. Whisk in ﬂour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with moist crumbs clinging, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Remove brownies from pan using foil handles; place on cutting board. Cut into 4 long strips; cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces, making total of 24 bites. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
- Per serving: 1 brownie