2 hr 25 min
If you accidentally over-whisk the chocolate mixture and it turns grainy, simply remelt it over very low heat and whisk it again.
Regular liquid egg substitute
Bittersweet chocolate chips
Orange crème lowfat custard-style yogurt
1 container(s), 6 ounces
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon zest from 1 orange; reserve. Section both oranges and cut sections crosswise in half; refrigerate if leaving out for more than 2 hours.
- With electric mixer on low speed, beat egg whites and confectioners' sugar in large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted, about 10 minutes, scraping down side of bowl once or twice.
- Put chocolate chips in medium bowl and pour boiling water over. Wait about 30 seconds, then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Place bowl of chocolate over larger bowl filled with ice water. Whisk constantly just until chocolate is thickened to consistency of soft pudding, about 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove whipped chocolate from ice water and gently fold in yogurt, orange zest, and large spoonful of beaten egg whites to lighten mixture. Fold in remaining whites just until no longer visible. Spoon mousse into 8 dessert glasses dividing evenly. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- To serve, top each serving of mousse with orange sections.
- Per serving: 1/2 cup mousse and about 3 orange sections