Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, finest quality recommended
- 2 tsp regular butter
- 3 cup(s) mini marshmallows
- Line a 9- X 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly combined; remove from heat and stir in marshmallows.
- Scrape chocolate mixture into prepared pan using a silicon spatula; smooth into a somewhat even layer. Refrigerate until chocolate sets, at least 1 hour; keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Cut into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
This basic recipe is very versatile: You can add your own favorite ingredients like nuts, dried fruit, crispy cereal, crisp crumbled cookies or even fresh fruit. If you use fresh fruit, however, the bark must be refrigerated and eaten the day it is made. Fresh strawberries, blueberries and pineapple are all excellent options (any additions to recipe could affect SmartPoints value).