Chinese Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 4 fl oz diet ginger ale, (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, seasoned
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until simmering.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, or longer for desired thickness. Cool 10 minutes before using (or cool and store in a plastic or glass container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks). Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.