- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz thinly sliced cutlets
- 2 tsp chili powder, ancho variety
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or less to taste
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 8 oz pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp mango chutney
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), cut into 4 wedges
Rub the chicken with the chile powder and the 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate; cover and keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, chutney, cilantro, the remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and the ground pepper in a small bowl.
Serve the chicken with the salsa and the lime wedges. Yields about 3 ounces chicken per serving.
- Convenient precut fresh pineapple lets you assemble the salsa in seconds.