Fat free chicken broth
Fresh lime juice
⅓ cup(s), (from 3 to 4 limes)
2 clove(s), thinly sliced
2 slice(s), 1 inch, (two 1-inch pieces, peeled and minced)
1 pepper(s), or habanero chile, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 tsp, coarsely ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
28 oz, (four 7-oz breasts)
3 large, halved and thinly sliced
3 Tbsp, or yellow mustard
- In large bowl, whisk broth, lime zest and juice, garlic, ginger, chile, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken and onions and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, tossing halfway through and pressing to submerge chicken and onions.
- Coat large 12-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing liquid to drip back into bowl. (Leave onions in bowl.) Add chicken to pan and cook until deep golden brown and almost cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Drain onions, reserving marinade. Add onions to pan and cook, stirring constantly, just until softened, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk mustard into reserved marinade and pour over onions. Stir onions, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Nestle chicken into onions. Cook until chicken is cooked through and marinade has mostly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serving: 1 chicken breast with onions