Chicken Tortilla Soup
1½ cup(s), chopped
1 medium, seeded and minced
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Canned diced tomatoes
15 oz, fire roasted-variety, drained
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Fresh lime juice
1 cup(s), chopped
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
12 chip(s), crushed
- Heat oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt; cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, and chili powder; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, chicken, and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, until chicken breasts are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from soup and shred with 2 forks; return chicken to pot with cilantro.
- Serve soup garnished with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Serving size: 1 ½ cups soup, 1 Tbsp cheese, 2 chips