Chicken with tomatillo-cilantro salsa
6 medium, (about 3/4 pounds), husks removed, rinsed
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh lime juice
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tsp, minced
1 small clove(s), chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce chicken breasts)
- 1 Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray. Preheat broiler.
- 2 To make salsa, place tomatillos on broiler rack and broil, turning occasionally, until softened and lightly charred, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to food processor or blender. Add cilantro, lime juice, honey, chipotles en adobo, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and pulse until smooth. Transfer salsa to small bowl and set aside.
- 3 Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cumin, and chili powder. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and no longer pink in center, 6–8 minutes.
- 4 Divide salsa evenly among 4 plates; top with chicken.
- Serving size: (1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup salsa)