Chicken tikka masala
Plain lowfat yogurt
Fresh lime juice
1 tsp, fresh, grated
2 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 2-inch chunks
1 medium clove(s), minced
1 small, minced
Canned tomato sauce
Fat free evaporated milk
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
Cooked white rice
2 cup(s), basmati, kept hot
- To prepare chicken, in a large bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or nonstick skillet.
- Skewer chicken pieces onto four metal or wooden skewers. Grill or cook skewers in a hot skillet until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently, about 5 to 7 minutes. (Make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.)
- To make sauce, heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet (or wide saucepan) over medium heat. Add remaining minced garlic clove and jalapeno; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add remaining teaspoon of cumin and paprika and stir to coat. Add tomato sauce and evaporated milk, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove grilled chicken from skewers. Add to tomato mixture and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve with rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.