Chicken, Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Perfect for a light weeknight supper or weekday lunch. Hit your farmer’s market for the freshest greens possible to showcase this salad’s delicate flavors.
- 2 Tbsp water, warm
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 6 cup(s), chopped lettuce, or spring greens mix
- 2 cup(s), chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 cup(s) shredded carrot(s)
- 12 medium strawberries, sliced
- 8 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese, crumbed (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together water, tarragon, vinegar, honey mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil to combine thoroughly; set vinaigrette aside.
When ready to serve, combine greens, chicken and carrots in a large bowl; gently toss with vinaigrette, strawberries, cheese and scallions. Yields about 3 cups per serving.
- The vinaigrette can be made several days in advance – just bring to room temperature and whisk before serving.