Chicken sausages with bean-and-tomato salad
Uncooked chicken sausage(s)
1 pound(s), Italian or other variety
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
½ pound(s), halved
Uncooked string beans
½ pound(s), trimmed and halved crosswise
Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp, grated
Fresh lemon juice
1 large clove(s), crushed through a press
¼ tsp, or to taste
Canned lima beans
15 oz, or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, chopped
- 1 Preheat broiler. Line broiler rack with foil; spray foil with nonstick spray.
- 2 Arrange sausages on foil in single layer. Broil 4 inches from heat until sausages are browned on top, about 8 minutes. Turn and broil 4 minutes longer. Add tomatoes to broiler rack. Return to broiler and broil until sausages are cooked through and tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, bring medium saucepan filled three-quarters full with lightly salted water to boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- 4 Whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add green beans, lima beans, tomatoes, chives, and mint and toss to combine. Cut sausages into 1/2-inch slices and serve with salad.
- Serving size: 1/4 of sausage and 1 cup salad