Chicken, salsa verde and avocado in ciabatta
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
⅛ tsp, coarsely ground
Fat free salsa
2 Tbsp, green-variety (salsa verde)
Fat free sour cream
8 oz, use ciabatta
1 item(s), medium, Haas, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 12 slices
- Spray a nonstick ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12–14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa and sour cream in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice the bread horizontally almost all the way through; spread open.
- Pull out some of the bread from the center, if desired. Spread the sour cream mixture on both sides of the bread.
- Cut each side of the bread crosswise into four equal pieces. Arrange a piece of chicken and 3 slices of avocado on each of the bottom halves of the bread. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- Close the bread and serve the sandwiches at once while still warm.