Chicken Milanese with Arugula Salad (Everyday Delicious)
1 large egg(s)
Dried plain breadcrumbs
¼ cup(s), minced
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), 4 ( 1/4-pound) cutlets
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 cup(s), sliced, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), halved
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
½ medium, very thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Place flour in small shallow bowl. Whisk together egg whites and egg in another small shallow bowl. Stir together bread crumbs, parsley, and cheese in third small shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken all over with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, into flour, then into egg mixture, shaking off excess. Dip chicken into bread-crumb mixture, pressing so it adheres.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add ½ tablespoon butter and heat until melted. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in large bowl.
- Just before serving, add arugula, onion, tomatoes, and fennel to lemon-juice mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide chicken evenly among 4 plates and top evenly with salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Per serving (1 chicken cutlet and 2 cups salad)